To ensure your privacy as far as possible, we adhere to the following core values
- Limited collection: We take great care to limit the information we collect and use to only that which is necessary for selling our products.
- Security: We take the appropriate measures to secure your personal data and require the same from the parties that use your data on our behalf. Masuka Mask proactively tests on a continuous basis its website by means of an automated security scan.
- Individuals’ rights: We respect your rights under applicable privacy laws (including the right to access, correct, or delete your personal data in accordance with such laws).
Personal information we collect
The personal data we collect about you when you buy our products or use our Services, include the following (hereinafter jointly referred to as: “Personal Data”):
- Your contact details: your name, postal address and other contact details, such as your telephone number and e-mail address, and any other contact details you provide to us (including delivery address when you purchase our product(s).
- Your purchases online. To complete your online purchases via the webshop or via other official social media-channels, we use your full name, billing address, shipping address, contact details, phone number and all relevant information regarding your purchases, such as the amount and date of your purchases, the product(s) or service you purchase, the device through which you make your purchases, payment method, payment status, bank account details, discount, voucher code used (if any), gift with purchases (if applicable), optional additional personal card or engraving data, delivery method and delivery address. We refer to this information as “Order Information”. Also, we collect ‘Account Information’; such as username and password.
- Your communication data. Any data shared by you when communicating with us via email, online, telephone, social media or any other form, such as questions, requests or complaints.
- Your details regarding raffles, subscribe and win, lead generation campaigns, contests or sampling-activation. Any data shared by you when participating to a raffle, subscribe and win, lead generation campaign, contest or sampling-activation.
- Your ratings, reviews and feedback. The opinions, experiences, preferences and interests and Product- or event reviews that you publish on our website or share with us online or through social media.
- Your personal preference. Optional information such as what sort of device you use such as a mobile telephone or PDA or tablet, how you heard about our site and what sort of subjects interest you, social handles and information about your skin type. If you choose to give us this information, we will use it to help us to provide you with the best possible service that is personalised to your needs and preferences. Although we do not make it compulsory to give us every item of information we ask for, the more information you volunteer (and the more accurate it is), the better we can tailor our services for you.
- Your social content. We may pull content from you who share photos and videos on Instagram or other social media platforms using our brand hashtags, including, without limitation, #masuka, #masukamask, #masukaskincare, (collectively, the “Masuka Mask Hashtags”), or tagging the @masuka.mask account (collectively, “Photos”). You acknowledge and agree that the photos may be used in the Masuka Mask showroom and office space, retail locations and emails and on the site, and you hereby grant us permission to use and authorize others to use your name or social media handle in association with the photos for identification, publicity related to our services and similar promotional purposes, including after your termination of your account or the services. We refer to this information as “Shared Information”.
Purpose of personal information we collect
The personal data we collect is generally used to fulfill any orders placed through the site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
Additionally, we use this order Information to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, and to provide you with the products, services and information that you request, including managing and handling your requests, inquiries or complaints. This also includes enabling you to make a purchase of our products, to respond to your request to provide customer service, respond to your inquiries, provide you with essential information regarding our products and services you request, etc.
For our legitimate commercial interests: We use your personal data as described above (both on aggregated and on individual basis) for the purpose of advertising our products to contact you via e-mail, regular mail, social media or otherwise for direct marketing or other commercial purposes. We also use your personal data for analyzing and improving the quality of our products and services, such as providing you with customer services and aftersales, and to understand you as a customer (customer optimalisation). This enables us to assess what may interest you, to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others and to deliver relevant advertising. In addition, based on your use of our services and products you purchased, we may target you with advertisement or other marketing materials that are customized to your personal preferences and experiences.
Use of information based on your consent: If you haven’t purchased any product, we will only send you direct marketing communications (such as newsletters, promotions, news on products or service updates) via email, other electronic means, via telephone or via hardcopy mail (such as flyers), after we have received your consent to do so.
You can withdraw your consent at any time (see the section your rights below).
To comply with our legal obligations: any personal data we collect may be used to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject, such as supervisory bodies, fiscal authorities or investigation bodies.
When you access the services through a social network, we collect information from the social network in accordance with your settings on the social network. If you interact with us on social media, we will collect information about those interactions.
Also, depending on the choices you have made regarding your settings on various social media sites (and/or in combination with your settings on the Masuka Mask page), certain personal data may be shared with Masuka Mask about your online activities and social media profiles (e.g. interests, email address, gender, user name, photo, comments and content you have posted/shared etc.).
We may also collect information about you from third parties, including mailing list providers and publicly available sources, or friends that refer you to Masuka Mask.
Sharing your personal information
We share your personal information with third parties to help us use your personal information, as described above.
- Business partners, suppliers (such as IT service providers) and sub-contractors; For example, we use Shopify to power our online store --you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website; we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Advertising and media companies that carry out marketing and media activities on our behalf;
In providing their services, they will access, receive, maintain or otherwise process personal data on our behalf. Our contracts with these service providers do not permit use of your personal data for their own (marketing) purposes.
We will only disclose and/or transfer your personal information to a third party either as part of a restructuring or a sale of the assets of Masuka Mask, or having ensured that steps have first been taken to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected. Consistent with applicable legal requirements, we take commercially reasonable steps to require such third party suppliers to adequately safeguard your personal data and only process it in accordance with our instructions.
Masuka Mask works with a number of national and international trusted suppliers, individuals, agencies and businesses in order to provide you the high quality goods and services you expect from us such as delivery companies, fraud prevention agencies, beauty and cosmetic brands and market research companies amongst others. Some examples of the categories of third parties with whom we share your data are:
Delivery and logistic partners
In order for you to receive your goods, Masuka Mask works with a number of delivery and logistics partners. We only pass limited information to them in order to ensure successful delivery of your order.
Masuka Mask works with marketing companies who help us manage our electronic communications with you or carry out surveys and product reviews on our behalf.
Payment processing companies
Masuka Mask works with trusted third party payment processing providers in order to securely take and manage payments.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data are properly secured using appropriate technical, physical, and organizational measures, so that they are protected against unauthorised or unlawful use, alteration, unauthorised access or disclosure, accidental or wrongful destruction, and loss.
THIRD PARTY SITES
We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other third party sites, or for advertisers on our site, even if you access them using links from our site and we recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit. In addition, if you linked to our site from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party site and we recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
Unless expressly stated, we are not agents for these third party sites or for any third party advertisers on our site, nor are we authorised to make representations on their behalf.
DATA RETENTION/HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA
When you place an order through the site, we will maintain your order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information. Our retention periods for personal data are based on business needs and legal requirements. We retain your personal data for as long as required to satisfy the purpose for which they were collected and used (for example, for the time necessary for us to provide you with customer service, answer queries or resolve technical problems), unless a longer period is necessary for our legal obligations or to defend a legal claim.
You have the following rights with regard to our processing of your personal data:
- Right of access – If you are a European resident, you have the right to request confirmation if Masuka Mask processes personal information about you, and if such is the case, access to the personal information and addition information. Upon request, we can also provide you with a copy of the personal data undergoing processing;
- Right to rectification – You have the right to request that Masuka Mask corrects, adjusts or completes your personal data if we have inaccurate or incomplete data relating to you. You can also correct, adjust or complete your personal data yourself by updating your profile. We also kindly request you to ensure that changes in personal circumstances (for example, change of address, bank account, etc.) are notified to Masuka Mask so that we can ensure that your personal data is up-to-date. Masuka Mask will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all personal data are correct;
- Right to withdraw consent – You have the right to revoke your consent for receiving marketing communications at any time, by contacting us at email@example.com or alternatively see the contact us page on this site. If we use your personal data based on your consent for other reasons than marketing communication, you can revoke your consent by filling the form as set out below;
- Right to delete - You have the right to request deletion of any irrelevant personal data we hold about you when (i) the data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are collected; (ii) you withdraw your consent and there is no other legal ground for processing; (iii) you object to the processing in case of direct marketing purposes, or – in any other case - there is no overriding legitimate ground for processing; (iv) we unlawfully processed your data. If you have such a request and all requirements are met, we shall make sure we erases the data of which we are not under a legal obligation to retain;
- Right to restriction of data use - You have the right to restrict our use of your personal data where (i) you contest the accuracy of the personal data; (ii) the use is unlawful but you do not want us to erase the data; (iii) we no longer need the personal data for the relevant purposes, but you require them for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or (iv) you have objected to data use justified on our legitimate interests pending verification as to whether Masuku has indeed compelling interests to continue the relevant data use;
- Right to data portability - to the extent that we use your personal data for the performance of an agreement with you, and that personal data is processed by automatic means, you have the right to receive all such personal data which you have provided to Masuka Mask in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and also to require us to transmit it to another data controller where this is technically feasible;
- Right to object - to the extent that we are relying on our legitimate interests to use your personal data, you have the right to object to such use, and we must stop such processing unless we can either demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the use that override your interests, rights and freedoms or where we need to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. You also have the right to object to profiling activities conducted by Masuka Mask;
Children under the age of 16 cannot legally give their consent. Instead, consent of their parent or legal guardian needs to be provided. Our services are not designed for children and do not knowingly collect personal data from children. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or on this site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this site or on or through any of its features, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this site or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
Stadhouderskade 17B, 1054 ES Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Last Modified: May, 2020